"A Fallacy of Software: If it works, and we don't change anything, it will keep working." —Jessica Kerr
The HandBrake Team is pleased to announce the release of HandBrake 1.1.2. This patch / bug fix release remedies issues reported with the 1.1.0-1.1.1 releases.
If you happen to discover any reproducible bugs or issues, please tell us about them on our GitHub issue tracker. You can also get in touch on our IRC support channel.
Before updating, please make sure there are no pending encodes in the Queue. If you are currently using HandBrake older than version 1.0.0, please also make note of any custom presets you have created, as they may not be compatible with newer versions.
General- Fixed Blu-ray title name where reading from raw device
- Improved handling of broken units in Blu-ray source (skip and continue reading)
Video- Fixed rare crash related to preview images, anamorphic, and default preset values
- Fixed jitter produced by 59.94 fps to 29.97 fps frame rate conversion
Audio- Fixed duration of silence buffers (may improve audio/video sync for some sources)
Build system- Fixed linker warning by setting libvpx target to minimum supported macOS version
- Fixed build failure with old GTK versions
- Miscellaneous Flatpak-related fixes and improvements
Third-party libraries- Updated libraries (necessary to pull in needed bug fixes)
- libdvdread 6.0.0 (DVD decoding)
- libdvdnav 6.0.0 (DVD decoding)
Linux- Fixed potential crash where $HOME directory is missing
- Fixed legacy preferences causing preset window being shown at every launch
- Fixed preset name and menu display on Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr
- Fixed default destination file name for Blu-ray source to not include MPLS number
- Fixed queue reloading in Flatpak sandbox
- Fixed toolbar icons alignment and use correct art for lower pixel density
- Updated most translations
Mac- Fixed menu item and tooltip strings related to selection behavior
- Fixed crash where presets file contains invalid UTF-8
Windows- Fixed incorrect track selection behaviours on audio and subtitle tabs
- Fixed creating an unneeded HandBrake Team directory in the user's Roaming directory
- Improved path handling when opening a source directory from the queue
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements
Download HandBrake 1.1.2
HandBrake 1.1.2 Documentation
[ Comments ] can be discussed on our community forums.