Community & Help
The User Guide
We have extensive documentation on most of the features in HandBrake and a detailed FAQ page.
Please see the User Guides and FAQ page on our wiki.
Forums and IRC Chat
If you can't find an answer in our help and guides, try asking in our Community Forums or join in the discussion on our IRC channels #handbrake and #handbrake-dev.
These channels are on the on the Freenode Network.
Please read our Community Rules before signing up.
If you find a bug in HandBrake, please report it in our bugs forum or the
Github Issue Tracker if you have an account there.
Please don't assume we already know about it.
- What version of HandBrake you are using and where you downloaded it from.
- What platform you are running (i.e. Windows, Mac, Linux etc) and what version.
- Provide a the full activity log for the scan and/or the encode process. If the log is too big for the forum, try pastebin.com or pastebin website of your choosing.
- If there is a system crash report, please also post this.
- What other applications where you using at the time?
- Is the problem reproducible? If yes, what steps did you take to reproduce it?
- If your having a problem with a particular file, a short small sample of it that reproduces the problem is often helpful.
If you have an idea or suggestion for HandBrake, then you can let us know in the feature requests forum or the Github Issue Tracker if you have an account there.