Your privacy is important to the HandBrake Team. This privacy statement provides information about the information that this website collects, and the ways in which we use that information.
Information We Collect
- Information you enter into this website. For example, a username, password, email address, any information that you fill out on your forum account profile or any information you post on the forum itself.
- When you visit this website we maintain logs of each page that you visit. This includes your internet address and possibly the operating system, browser version, and other information that may be in your browser's http headers.
What do we use your information for?
- To improve, maintain and monitor the security of this website.
- To allow us to offer features such as the community forums.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
This website publishes Google Adsense interest-based advertisements on this website. These are tailored by Google to reflect your interests. To determine your interests, Google will track your behavior across the web using cookies.
- You can view, delete or add interest categories associated with your browser using Google's Ads Preference Manager, available at: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/
- You can opt-out of the Adsense partner network cookie at: https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922 Please note that this opt-out mechanism uses a cookie, and if you clear the cookies from your browser your opt-out will not be maintained. To ensure that an opt-out is maintained in respect of a particular browser, you should use the Google browser plug-in available at: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/plugin or utilise your Google account if you have one.
Please be aware that our Community Forums use session cookies which is required for it's operation. By using these services you consent to their use.
Storage, Usage, and Disclosure of your data
This website and any data you provide is hosted on servers located in France. We reserve the right to change the location and country where these servers are located at any time. Servers will only be placed in countries with strong privacy laws.
Please be aware that any information that you enter into this site should be considered public. It will be accessible by any other user and third parties. Only your account login information (username and password) can be considered private.
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your account information. Any other information you enter is at your own risk.
We may disclose your personal information to the extent that we are required to do so by law or in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings.
Third Party and User Content
- Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
- Our website also includes user created content.
We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
Amendments to this Policy
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. The last time this document was updated is printed at the bottom of this policy.
If you wish to contact us regarding this policy, please use the Report Problem page and select the Contact Us tab.
Last Updated: March 2018
The information and services provided on this website is for general information purposes only. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites and third-party content which are not under the control of the HandBrake Team. We have no control over the nature, content, and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, The HandBrake Team takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being unavailable for any reason, including but not limited to technical issues beyond our control.