Reporting a Problem
We provide extensive feature documentation and guides which covers everything from getting started to advanced features in HandBrake.
Please be aware HandBrake is a hobby project so it is not possible to offer one-on-one help by email or phone!
Please provide as much information as possible and don't assume we already know about it.
- What version of HandBrake you are using and where you downloaded it from.
- What platform you are running (i.e. Windows, Mac, Linux etc) and what version.
- Provide a the full activity log for the scan and/or the encode process. If the log is too big for the forum, try pastebin.com or pastebin website of your choosing.
- If there is a system crash report, please also post this.
- What other applications where you using at the time?
- Is the problem reproducible? If yes, what steps did you take to reproduce it?
- If your having a problem with a particular file, a short small sample of it that reproduces the problem is often helpful.
If you wish to get in touch for any other reason, then please fill out the form below:
This contact form is for raising issues with this website, your community accounts, security, or critical HandBrake related issues only!
The HandBrake Team