HandBrake relies heavily on people contributing their time and skills to continue improving.
This page lists a number of features that we'd like to see implemented, but haven't got to yet.
If you are interested in helping out or even have your own ideas, you can discuss them on the forum, or come talk to us on IRC.
- Core Features (C)
- Process isolation preferably in a platform independant way.
- A Daemon mode with (SOAP/REST/JSON?) API. This could lead-on to some interesting distributed jobs setup.
- Mac User Interface (Obj-c / C)
- Improve Automatic Subtitle and Audio Tracks Language Selection options. (See Windows GUI).
- Better support for batch encoding, possibility a multiple selection window and add to queue option.
- Right Click Menus on the Audio / Subtitle Tabs with Batch Add Track Options. (See Windows GUI)
- Timespan range controls for the "Seconds" mode. (See Windows GUI).
- New Preference to clear completed items from the queue after completing.
- Add support for named audio tracks.
- Windows User Interface (WPF, C#, .NET 4.0)
- A Windows MSI installer based on the WIX toolset.
- Command Line Interface (C)
- Tidy up the CLI. Our current CLI is designed as a test tool and as such, does not protect the user from errors. It would be good to put together a second CLI interface which integrates sanity checking and auto-complete for commands.
- Auto-complete CLI options. Maybe use a 3rd party CLI library?